- About the Event
The first National Clean Air Conference 2020 is organised by Close The Gap Initiative in partnership with Private and Public institutions. The conference will herald the take-off of the Advocacy for Clean Air campaign and proffer solutions to air pollution in Nigeria, which is the greatest global environmental health risk in the world, with over 7 million deaths per year.
The conference theme is Air Pollution in a Changing Climate; Routes to Clean Air for Livable Cities, and will cover all aspects of air quality regulation, emerging technologies, environmental challenges in urban environments, health impacts and the growing social awareness of air quality as an everyday concern. Also, at the two-day conference, public health and transport professionals in private and public sectors will share solutions to traffic emissions. The conference will hold at the International Conference Centre, Abuja on 30th – 31st October 2020 in commemoration of the World Cities Day.
The National Clean Air Conference seeks to explore the air quality issues created by these conflicts and suggest actions to ensure healthy air for everyone. We also hope to stimulate discussion and innovations that can be applied across the air quality and climate change fields by bringing together over 400 highly influential industry experts, policy and decision makers, and key environmental equipment suppliers within and outside Nigeria.
The Advocacy for Clean Air aims to fight air pollution, which claims more lives every five seconds than the combined total of war, murder, tuberculosis, HIV, AIDs, and malaria. Our health systems are overwhelmed by the burden of disease caused by air pollution damages, the particulate pollution at very low concentrations has been shown to have adverse health effects on major body’s organ systems, resulting in illness and premature death.
Apparently, air pollution is the violation of human rights to life, health, well-being, and healthy environment, as human rights norms apply to environmental issues. This calls for the urgent involvement of human rights activists in Nigeria in the campaign for a safer and healthier environment for all.
However, air pollution also greatly affect our output as a nation, as takes its tolls on the economy and development in several ways. These are some of the major reasons we are aggressive about Advocacy for Clean Air in Nigeria, because it will save many lives and boost development.
In order to ensure the air we all breathe is safe and healthy, aggressive national advocacy for clean air by human rights activists, health and development advocates is urgent.
Air quality consultants | Air quality equipment manufacturers | Environmental Expert practitioners | State and Local authority officers | Academics & Researchers | Air quality graduates & PhD students | Government officers | NGO & professional body staff | Standards Agencies & Accreditation bodies | Trade & Labour Associations | Health & Safety Experts
The features of the two days conference include
- Oral and technical presentations
- Keynote sessions
- State government presentations
- Networking meetings
- Awards, etc.
The conference speakers are seasoned environmental experts who will discuss topical issues and offer their insights on how to improve air quality, including industry-best practices and implementation challenges. Delegates will gain valuable CPD, have the opportunity to network with fellow air quality professionals and interact with leading organisations in the air quality sector.
- The Clean Air Act
- Partnership with Private and Public Stakeholders
- Clean Air Advocacy
- Air Quality Monitoring Equipment’s
- National Clean Air Conference, etc.
- Have a country where every person breathes clean and healthy air.
- Increase the involvement of government agencies, ministries, and environmental stakeholders in advocacy for clean air policies.
- Establish a formidable national network of environmentalists and advocates on air pollution and control.
- Grow public awareness of the multifaceted dangers of air pollution.
- Convince concerned government Ministries, Departments and Agencies to implement the clean air solution.
EXHIBIT WITH US
The National Clean Air Conference will attract consultants, air quality practitioners, leading manufacturers, government officers, local authorities’ officers and regulators, academic, researchers, and also provide an excellent opportunity for organisations to interact and share knowledge with target audience, experts and buyers. However, we have limited number of spaces for exhibitors.
Why Exhibit with Us?
- Listing on the convergent event page of the NCA Conference website.
- Promotion on the Conference Websites, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Inclusion in both digital and printed versions of the delegate pack
- Free access to the conference and the dinner
Conference Registration Fee Covers
- Participation at the scientific sessions
- Access to exhibition stand
- Conference materials
- Coffee breaks (At the Conference Scientific session)
- Lunches (At the Conference Scientific session)
- Welcome Cocktail
- Gala Dinner